Mental Health Support Worker
£15,000 - £20,000/annum
We're looking for Support workers who specialise in Mental Health. This is a temporary position based in the accessible area of Slough High Street.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Support Workers have the personal qualities required to manage these customer expectations alongside the responsibilities of their role. Day to day Support Worker activities include:
Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking
Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed
Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
Day to day instruction/ supervision of Assistant Support Workers/ domestic staff/ Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager.
• A minimum of one years experience of supporting vulnerable adults with mental health and or other complex needs
• Experience of supporting vulnerable customers to develop independent living skills and tenancy support.
• Experience of support planning and risk assessment for customers with complex needs
• Experience of working within a multi-agency support delivery approach for complex needs.
• Diploma Level 2 in Social Care, Diploma level 2 Mental Health or equivalent.
Temporary, Part time
© 2015 by Yvonne Lewis Group Ltd.